Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas?

I guess I am just too real for some people. I know everyone has heard at least one person say that and they question their sincerity. Is that person saying that because It sounds like the right thing to say at the time? Are they saying it to impress someone else? Who knows? What is my definition of something that is real? A real person is someone that doesn't feel the needs to sugarcoat "unfriendly" issues or topics. You won't tell someone what they want to hear; you will tell them what they need to hear. I do believe it's déclassé for someone to avoid using tact, you can brutally honest without being cruel. I already realize I am on a totally different level than most people...that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm smarter. I just happen to be well informed and not willing to believe everything I hear. I have definitely had some "discussions" with my mother and her beliefs vs. my beliefs. My beliefs about holidays and religion. I agreed at the age of 13 to stop celebrating x-mas in its ordinary fashion (I use x because the holiday is a shame and does not truly represent Christ) that may offend some Christian people but I believe it's time to stop being spoon fed and do some real research. I don't shop on black Friday or do join the rest of the crazy people fighting for deals. For years I would simply visit family and have a nice dinner. My interest has decreased dramatically. I honestly don't want to go home for Christmas. I would rather get some sleep and eat Chinese. However, I will sacrifice my own personal happiness to appease my mother and do something special for the kids at the community center I work for. Of course here is always a time and a place for everything. I believe in spending time with people you love and spending money on them when the mood strikes you, not because you have been conditioned to do so. I love to hear about the Christmas dinners for the homeless, I have even volunteered to serve dinner on those days but what about the rest of the year? Homelessness and people starving in America should only be recognized during x-mas? I think not. What is wrong with society? I believe it shows that there are a large number of people who cannot think for themselves...one word..Pathetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment